South Lake Tahoe Food and Wine Festival
Tahoe.com Staff, 11:07am, 10/18/2013
The 4th annual South Lake Tahoe Food and Wine Festival at Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe, Nov. 9 – 10, for an autumn weekend of great food, fine wine and high spirits. (Read more about changes to this year’s festival: Celebrity Chef Headlines Food Festival)
Chef Robert Irvine is the featured celebrity chef this year, hosting several key events. Star of such popular shows as Food Network’s “Dinner Impossible,” “Restaurant: Impossible” and “Worst Cooks in America,” the affable Englishman has become one of America’s most popular TV chefs and a household name.
Events for this year’s Food and Wine Festival include lots of dining and tasting experiences, plus discussions, presentations and demonstrations by celebrated food and wine experts. Of course, food and wine are the biggest stars and a spectacular “Grand Market – Beyond the Fork” – featuring sumptuous dishes from Harrah’s best restaurants, top-shelf spirits and the finest wines of Napa Valley and beyond – highlights the weekend.
The South Lake Tahoe Food and Wine Festival kicks into high gear on Saturday, Nov. 9 with “Grand Market – Beyond the Fork” at Harrah’s Special Events Center. Stroll through the Grand Market and enjoy ongoing, interactive entertainment and the multifarious tastes of Harrah’s best restaurants from around the country, plus local favorites, top-shelf spirits and the best wineries in Napa Valley and beyond.
There’s plenty of entertainment and exhibitions too, featuring appearances by Chef Irvine and the ever-engaging Andy LoRusso – The Singing Chef.
The South Lake Tahoe Food and Wine Festival calendar of events:
Saturday Nov. 9
- Grand Market – Beyond the Fork with Chef Robert Irvine – Harrah’s Special Events Center – noon to 3 p.m.
- Wine 101 – Harveys 19 Kitchen • Bar – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Wines that Rock – The Summit at Harrah’s – 3 to 4 p.m.
- Chef in the Kitchen: Robert Irvine – Harveys 19 Kitchen • Bar – 5 to 7 p.m.
- Mixology 101 – The Summit at Harrah’s – 6 to 7 p.m.
- Chef on Stage: Robert Irvine – Harrah’s South Shore Room – 8 to 9 p.m.
Sunday Nov. 10
- Ultimate Tailgate: Blues, Brews and BBQ – hosted by Robert Irvine – Harveys Convention Center – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information, event prices and to purchase tickets, visit www.ltfoodandwine.com. Patrons must be at least 21 years of age. Tickets are also available through Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com (search under “Lake Tahoe Food and Wine Festival”) and at the Harrah’s and Harveys Box Offices. For Ticketmaster phone orders, please call either 800-745-3000 or 866-448-7849.