Top 5 Reasons to Attend the Celebrity Golf Tournament
Tahoe.com Staff, 11:50am, 7/12/2012
July is busy month at Lake Tahoe. You’ve got a range of options when it comes to events and entertainment. The Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival, for instance, is a locals’ favorite when it comes to wholesome family fun. Or, why not spend a nice day on the beach. These record setting temperatures are great for Lake Tahoe water sports. But when it comes to big events, it’s hard to pass up the Celebrity Golf Tournament, this July 17-22. Here’s our top five reasons to check it out.
- 1. It’s one of Lake Tahoe’s largest, if not THE largest, event of the year! Click here to play our trivia contest for a chance to win one of three prizes to make your next Lake Tahoe vacation unforgettable!
- 2. It’s a chance to meet famous athletes and celebrities, like Michael Jordan, Jason Kidd, Bode Miller and Kevin Nealon to name a few.
- 3. It supports a great cause. For the 7th year in a row, the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) is the official charity of the American Century Championship. The tournament will help build awareness of the LIVESTRONG Global Cancer Campaign, while raising funds for the LAF’s cancer survivorship initiatives.
- 4. It takes place at the beautiful Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course, which came out on top in our Best of Tahoe contest, where readers voted on the best business, from golf courses to restaurants. Check out some photos of Edgewood here.
- 5. It’s your best chance to see Charles Barkley’s famous golf swing.*